7 Tips for Discount Travel
We all love to travel. We all have our bucket list. But often times we find it hard to cover the list as traveling to most destinations is an expensive pleasure. Do not fret about it because there are some simple tips which can prevent your trip from digging a hole in your pants.
The following travel tips will help you make your trip a less expensive affair:
- Compare prices on different travel portal before booking your flight. Some airlines offer regular discounts, so spot the one which is better for you.
- Get registered with travel agencies and subscribe their newsletters. You may find a deal on the destination of your interest.
- You may get a discount on booking a hotel when booking with a travel portal. You can save some bucks with such deals. Finding packages that combine hotel and airfare in a single offer often proves to be far more suitable than buying them separately.
- Do look for connecting flights too along with direct flights. You can save hundreds by choosing connecting flights over direct ones and layover time may not be more than an hour. Now, use these savings on the rest of the trip.
- Choose destinations with low costs of daily living. For instance, the Philippines, Malaysia, India, and many Central American countries are quite inexpensive destinations to travel to, yet at the same time have many beautiful beaches and picturesque destinations comparable to more expensive destinations.
- Once you have booked your discount travel, still there are ways to save money with your daily meals and activities. You can choose to buy food in local markets and cook meals by yourself, instead of choosing to go out and eat at expensive restaurants.
- It’s not a necessity to book a car. Local transportation or state transportation is often prevalent in vacation destinations, and a pricey car rental is often not necessary for your full trip. Also rentals and taxis in tourist destinations are costly.
So, next time don’t plan your travel in a hurry and book the cheapest airline tickets only after you have found yourself an attractive deal.
Author Bio: Ashwin Sharma is a travel blogger. He is currently associated with CheapOair.com.